|CPU Socket||AMD AM4|
|CPU Type||AMD AM4 Ryzen|
|CPU Clock Speed||3.7 Ghz|
The AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.7 GHz 4-Core Processor at a Glance:
- 4 "Zen" cores with a mere 65 Watt Thermal Design Power (TDP)
- Very high single- and multi-threaded performance
- Integrated Vega 8 GPU with 8 CUs/512 Shaders
- GPU base clock of 1100 MHz
- CPU base clock of 3.5 GHz & 3.7 GHz Turbo with Precision Boost
- With automatic overclocking thanks to XFR
- Unlocked multiplier for manual overclocking (unlocked CPU)
- Large unified cache memory: 2 MB L2 & 4 MB L3
- High efficiency, non-planar 12 Nanometer FinFET transistors
- AVX2 instruction set extensions for complex vector calculations
- Two AES units for fast, reliable data encryption
- Modern AM4 platform with extensive range of features
- Supports energy efficient DDR4 RAM (Dual-Channel) up to 2933 MHz
- Includes AMD Wraith Stealth CPU cooler!
AMD Zen - Scalable Architecture Precision Boost Technology and Extended Frequency Range (XFR)
The AMD Ryzen 3 2200G is a "Raven Ridge"-generation processor with four physical cores. This four core processor operates at a frequency of 3.5 GHz per core which, thanks to Precision Boost, is capable of adjusting in real-time in accordance with the workload. While remaining within TDP the changes are made in 25 MHz increments at up to 3.7 GHz.
The silicon is created using the advanced 14 nm FinFET manufacturing process with stacked transistors (also called 3D transistors). The drastic reduction in scale frees up more space on the processor die, and this enables the integration of a total of 2 MB Level 2 Cache and 4 MB Level 3 Cache in addition to the powerful Vega 8 GPU with 512 Shaders in 8 Compute Units (CUs).
The AMD Ryzen 3 2200G is equipped with automatic Extended Frequency Range (XFR) overclocking that raises the maximum boost clock of the processor as long as the CPU remains within thermal limits and sufficient cooling is provided. As soon as the integrated CPU sensors detect additional cooling overhead, the Ryzen CPU adjusts its clock frequencies independently in accordance with the respective cooling solution provided. The AMD Ryzen APU also comes with an unlocked multiplier for manual overclocking.
AMD Vega - High-Efficiency GPUs for the Desktop
The unique feature offered by the "Raven Ridge" series of APUs is the integrated Vega-based GPU architecture. This is possible thanks to the fusion of 2017's "Zen+"-based processors with GPUs based on Vega architecture to create an efficient as well as powerful APU. In addition to many optimisations compared to older AMD GPUs, Vega was introduced with four new features: a High Bandwidth Cache Controller (HBCC), Rapid Packed Math (RPM) the Next-Gen Compute Units (NCU), a New Programmable Geometry Pipeline as well as an Enhanced Pixel Engine.
The AMD Ryzen 3 2200G APU is equipped with the Vega 8 GPU. In this version the GPU comes with eight Compute Units and a total of 512 Shaders. The GPU Base Clock is set at 1100 MHz. The Ryzen APU supports fast DDR4-RAM up to 2933 MHz and the integrated GPU in particular benefits from this design decision. The combination of "Zen"-CPU architecture and "Vega" GPU architecture also results in a low Thermal Design Power (TDP) of just 65 Watts.
Note: This is the boxed version including an AMD Wraith Stealth CPU cooler. The use of an AMD Ryzen APU requires an AM4 motherboard.
Attention: Motherboards with X370, B350 and A320 chipsets may require a BIOS update for the use of a 2000- series Ryzen CPU/APU. This BIOS update may itself require an original Ryzen 1000- series processor in order to carry it out successfully. Compatible motherboards with earlier BIOS versions may otherwise not work with a Ryzen 2000 CPU/APU.
Factory compatible motherboards can be identified by a sticker bearing the inscription "AMD Ryzen Desktop 2000 Ready". Due to mixed stock supplied, we cannot guarantee that an AM4 motherboard is factory compatible with the Ryzen APUs.
- Type: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Raven Ridge Manufacturing Process: 14 nm FinFET
- CPU Cores: 4 (physical)
- CPU Frequency: Base Clock: 3.5 GHz Boost Clock: max. 3.7 GHz (Precision Boost)
- Level 2 Cache: 2 MB
- Level 3 Cache: 4 MB
- Integrated GPU: Vega 8 GPU GPU Frequency: 1100 MHz Shader Units: 512
- Memory: Memory Controller: internal Memory Channels: 2
- TDP: 65 Watt
- Socket Compatibility: AM4
- Instruction Set Extensions: X86-64 (64 Bit AMD64 Processor) AMD-V (Compute Virtualisation) VT-Vi (I/O MMU Virtualisation) 2x AES Units (Encryption) AVX & AVX2 (Advanced Vector Extensions) NX-Bit (Virus protection) & EVP (extended virus protection) TBT 3.0 (Turbo Core 3.0)
- Features: AMD Wraith Stealth CPU cooler in bundle Unlocked multiplier